Before You Buy: 5 Things To Consider When Buying Eyeglass Frames
1. Purpose If you have been wearing glasses for health purposes most of your life, chances are you will need bifocal glasses. Glasses for every vision problem are available in many different frame styles – from rimless to solid framed. If you intend to wear eyeglasses as an accessory only, then you can still find many stylish options in designer eyeglass frames. But first, you must identify your purpose.
2. Size Delicate frames – not too small nor too large are perfect for older women. Always choose your frame size according to the shape of your face. Square frames may look good only on some face types. However, round or oval frames look fabulous on most of the face types.
3. Color When you’re choosing eyeglass frames as an older women, color selection is key. Neutral colors like blue, beige, brown, and gray are decent and stylish – but don’t overdo it with blues and grays. They are usually ‘colder’ than other colors and their subdued hues can make you look less fun and youthful than you are. If your goal is to look younger, it’s best to try frames that are more bright, passionate, and warm. Black eyeglass frames are undoubtedly always sleek and stylish, no matter the type of frame. Transparent frames might be another perfect choice for you, if you prefer not to call attention to your frames. They go with almost any outfit and can draw attention away from the fact that you are wearing glasses.
4. Material If you wear glasses for a longer time, you know that they should be extremely lightweight and should offer maximum comfort. Rimless frames with fiber glasses are extremely lightweight and durable. Metal frames look great with their elegance and unbeatable style, but they are heavier than most frames.
5. Face Shape Another important factor when choosing eyeglass frames is the shape of your face. What does this exactly mean? Well, there are several different face shapes and knowing them will point you in the right direction for face-flattering eyewear that fits you perfectly. Round face is defined by a circular shape where the width and length are almost equal. Oval faces have balanced features and a chin slightly narrower than the forehead, heart-shaped face is defined by a broader forehead and a narrower jawline and chin. And finally, square face shape has strong, well defined angles in the forehead, jawline and cheeks.